The new year means new state laws in Illinois. Over 250 new laws will go into effect in Illinois on New Year’s Day. Here are some of them:
- All kids under the age of two or under 40 pounds must ride in a rear-facing car seat
- Every Illinois school must conduct at least one law-enforcement led active shooter drill a year.
- .Nursing mothers will be exempt from jury duty.
- Police can take temporary custody of dogs and cats exposed to dangerous weather conditions.
- Family members or police can ask a judge to temporarily remove guns from anyone who they think is a threat to themselves or others